After creating the facebook page for this blog I’ve noticed that the URL looked pretty ugly (maybe just for me), it was something like that https://www.facebook.com/pages/WPBuzzer/154922631288068 but I wanted to look something like this https://www.facebook.com/WPBuzzer , so I started to search the web using tags like ”distinctive URLs” ”Unique Urls + facebook” and after few minutes I found out that they are called Vanity links. One thing about creating a Vanity Link for your facebook page is that you need to have 20 + Likes for that page. I created it today so it is impossible to get that amount of likes in a few minutes ). So I decided to give it a try anyway. Let me describe you the steps I took (and in the end realized that the 20+ likes it is not a must)
- Login to Facebook with the account that administers your Facebook Page.
- Go to http://www.facebook.com/username/
- You’ll be promted to provide a phone number to verify your account.
- You’ll receive an SMS with a code.
- Activate it.
- If you administrate more than one page choose the one you want it to have a Vanity Link.
- Name it.
- Check availibility.
Here you go, You now have created a Vanity Link for your facebook page